CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stirling 5K Pajama Race

I said once was enough to last me a lifetime when I ran the Stirling 5k last year for the first time and yet once again I found myself running it (though this time not alone and not without spectator support). Would you call me a caver to peer pressure, a follower, or just a plain old wimp that can't be left out when everybody is doing it. This year it was a family affair. Maddi, Brandon, and myself ran along with Jody, Dano, Slade, Bailey, and Tera. Yay for us!!! It was actually a lot more fun this year. We had a theme race. The Pajama Race, with prizes for best bed head, smelly morning breath, cutest p.j.'s  and a lot more. I felt a great deal more in shape this year and it made the run easier. I am no where at the front of the pack more like the back but it was a great run. Maddi ran with Aunt Tera and I. Everyone else took off at the front. Brandon came in first for the family with Jody and Bailey coming in next. Everyone had a great time. Maddi won the cutest p.j. prize. She got a $10 I-tunes card.  Brandon won a draw of a Free swimming lesson( He wasn't too impressed but I was because it payed for Kaitlin's swim lessons) Tera won a really cute pink jacket (Not  Fair!!). Jeff, Kaitlin, and Grandma Char were our cheer team. It was a great race. Lots of fun. Maybe we'll have to do it again next year.... we'll wait and see.
The Running Crew (I think Dano was still asleep)





                                    
Enjoying a muffin after the race

Miss Maddi won a prize

For being a cutie patootie

Really not fair...should have been mine.

Wish I could look that beautiful after a race!!!

1 comments:

Trina said...

Good job guys! Maddi does have darn cute jammies! How in the world do you do her hair so cute? It looks like some kind of wrap. You guys inspire me-I am supposed to hike half dome on Friday and am scared to death. I will think of you and all that you have accomplished this past year to keep me going!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North