CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Newest Member of our family!



Meet Achilles. Newest addition to the menagerie we call the Tanner Family. Why, you ask? Well just look at that face...


Just don't ever go look if you don't want one. That is my new motto. I received a call from a friend in town informing me that Jeff had dibbsed (don't know how to spell it) one of her puppies back in May, and she was checking to see if he still wanted it. NO! I said immediately. But I figured I should check with him even though why really because I had heard no mention of a puppy before this. Of course he wanted it still and my big mistake was Just going to look. 
How can you look at that and not just melt. I know I am a big sucker!
We brought him home on July 14th . The first night he cried most of the night and Jeff dumped him on Cassin. (Who had emphatically said no way we do not need another dog) The next night though Jeff put the puppy outside with Kye to sleep. All I can say is SORRY NEIGHBORS!
Poor little Achi was crying his heart out. Poor Kye was wondering why she had to be locked in the kennel with the crazy little thing and Poor Kaitlin was in the house sobbing because her poor puppy was crying. Me, I just crawled into bed and let Jeff handle it. Poor Neighbors. That puppy cried for a long long time and then started again in the middle of the night. The next night was a bit better. He didn't cry for as long a time and each night it has gotten better. 
Kye is a pretty good momma to Achilles. She puts up with his jumping and chewing and wrestling quite well. She does loose her patience once in a while and I've noticed she smashes him flat once in a while to let him know who's boss. 










1 comments:

Trina said...

What a cute puppy! I guess it is easier to let a puppy cry through the night than it is a baby-although if Kaitlin was crying then that didn't help anything. :) Enjoy!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North