CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Organizing Saturday

We spent today cleaning and organizing Maddi and Kaitlin's rooms. It was quite an undertaking as clothes and toys and paper and a whole lot of junk had started to TAKE OVER. You could hardly move in Maddi's room and more than once mom was yelling from stepping on something sharp. And do you know what? It was not their fault that their rooms were in that awful shape. OH NO! Not THem. They didn't know how it got that way but of course mom's heard that before. SOMEWHERE...........?  We finally just jumped in and 3 full garbage bags and a lot of sorting and putting away the rooms look 100 times better. At least I won't stub my toes or step on any sharp object. Now the trick will be keeping it organized and clean.

Brandon even took some time and started organizing his room. Maybe his bed will have sheets on it tonight. We'll have to wait and see. I am positive he can do this little task by himself but it's been a while. He just grabs a blanket and wraps up in it. He also got the back porch shoveled off. He left it till the evening and the chinook that blew in today took care of most of it but I threatened him with his life after I went out to check on the dog and fell down the steps because they were so snow covered (and I had no grip on my boots but still!!!!). It's been a productive day

AJ got out of the organizing today because he woke up just in time to catch the bus with the ball team to go to a tournament in Milk River. THey took first place but he was gone to 9:15 pm. He did ask me to cut his hair when he got home so that makes me uber happy, and makes up for not getting his room clean. (He still has to do it though.) His hair doesn't look like a giant mop on his head anymore and I'm so happy he trusts me. I'm smiling from ear to ear.
                                                             All in all it's been a super saturday.

2 comments:

Jody said...

That is great now I want to see pictures of his hair.

Trina said...

WooHoo! Doesn't that feel great to get that all done! I'm proud of you-wish I could get all that done in one Saturday! You're my hero!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North