CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day of Thanksgiving

I was able to get up early this morning and go out to take care of the 7 puppies and get their pen cleaned up and get them fed. I was thankful that it wasn't very messy this morning compared with other mornings, so there was very little clean up and I could just sit on the porch and watch them run around the yard exploring. It was an absolutely gorgeous morning. I couldn't have hand picked any better. The sun was shining and there only a slight breeze rustling through the tops of the trees. As I sat there it was really nice just to be able to take it all in. I heard a cow lowing out at Nelson's. A donkey braying, the train going by and then it would sound like a big gust of wind was going through the trees but when you looked up there were flocks of birds going by on their way to somewhere different. And looking up I could see an airplane jetting across the sky to somewhere new too. Two birds sitting at the very top of the pine tree in the back yard sounding like frogs as they talked. I sat outside for an hour watching the dogs all exploring and racing around. Jumping, climbing, wrestling. Achi trying to chase all the puppies around terrorizing and acting like a teasing big brother, and Ky trying to stand back but still be the watchful, protecting mother. I'm thankful for this morning... just to sit still and listen and reflect and be. I'm thankful for my kids who are still sound asleep and enjoying a day to sleep in and not have to be anywhere or do anything specific. I'm thankful for my two grown sons, who are out there on their own and figuring it all out. Exploring all their options and making a way for themselves. I'm really thankful that they are setting a good example for their younger brothers and sisters to follow. And I'm thankful for Jeff, for his patience and perserverance. For all he does to make sure this family is safe and secure and happy. I have a whole lot to be thankful for.

1 comments:

Trina said...

That was beautiful and all I can say is that now you've made me cry! Shame on you! :) Still love you though! You are just the best!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North