CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Summer 2009


This has been a great summer. It has gone by too fast though. We have had beautiful weather for the most part so we can't complain. We have spent time with family a lot this summer, with visits from some of Jeff's family and all of my family several time. We have had a lot of fun and a little bit of sadness but through it all we had family and the gospel. June had us taking Cassin down to the MTC in Utah to begin his Missionary Training to serve in Tennessee. While there he contracted the flu and had to be quarantined for a while, which meant he didn't get to fly out with his district but had to go on his own a few days later. He is doing great in Smyrna,TN. and is learning, Teaching and growing. July we celebrated Canada Day on the 1st by going to the parade in Raymond and then on to Waterton National Park for the Day. We spent it with my folks and Jody and Dano and family. The kids loved red rock canyon and trying to hold the butterflies on their hands. We got to attend our cousin Macie's baptism that she had in Raymond while she was up visiting and Aunt Tricia got to speak at it. We visited Red Rock Canyon againg when Aunt Lori and Uncle Danny came to visit a few weeks later. This time we hiked up into the canyon crawling over boulders and under logs and into freezing water. Maddi hiked up the whole way with me and we had a great day. Uncle Brett and Aunt Adlina came up to celebrate Stirling Days with us. It was a great day. Maddi decorated her bike and rode in the parade. All the cousins rode on the Creamery float and everyone went to the creamery afterward for a BBQ and ice cream. That day was a little stressful on me because I was put in charge of the Community Beef on a bun supper. Once it was over  there was a big sigh of relief heard. I couldn't have done it without a lot of help from friends and family. July 22 we had Zach Larkin fly into Calgary for a visit. We had been waiting for this for a long time. I think He and AJ had a good time but it's kind of hard to tell with guys, they just don't say much. Jeff took them fishing at Payne Lake and then into Waterton.  I think we visited waterton more this summer than I ever have in my life. July 27 we took Zach back to the airport  and the next day I was off to Kimball for Girls camp for the day. We spent the day doing crafts and river rafting. It was a great day spent with all my mutual girls. I think you really build bonds at camp even if its only for a day. When I got home late that night I was informed that my grandma Judy had passed away that morning. It was really sudden but it was a blessing for her I think. She didn't have to spend a long time in the hospital or have a lot done to her. I think in my heart I knew she was gone and I wasn't really sad. I am so thankful to have the truthfulness of the gospel that lets me know I will be with her again someday and that she is happy and whole in heaven. That being said it was still  a trying time and I am so grateful that all of our family could come back up when they had just been here. There is strength and comfort with family. It becomes a celebration of Grandma's life and all the wonderful memories we have of her that we will always cherish. She has always been someone I looked up to and wanted to emulate. We tried a camping trip in August. It's probably been almost 10 years since we have camped and despite all the rain I think we had a good time. Just don't ask Brandon and AJ their opinion. (But they did have a good time) OK we cheated a little and after 2 days of rain we packed up our tent at Beaver Mine lake and headed for Fairmont Hot springs in BC and stayed in a little cabin for the rest of the trip. It was fun at the hot springs and we had a blast at the funtasia miniture golf and petting zoo. We definitely have good memories to take from this summer. It has gone by too fast and now School will start on Monday. Back to Schedules and Homework and grumbling in the morning. Oh Joy! I do have pictures of all our summer activities but for some reason I can't get them to upload to my blog. I'll Keep working on it.

1 comments:

Trina said...

Well that just made my day to get on your blog and read your update! What a great summer with lots of memories! I'm glad to hear all is well. Good luck with that back to school schedule. I don't know if we are completely into the groove of things yet and we have been in school for two weeks. Good to hear how you're all doing! Love you and miss you!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North