CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

INTERNET BLISS

Isn't the internet wonderful. Just think about it. You can email someone and get a reply the same day, instead of waiting a week or 2 for snail mail. (I still like letters in the mail too. There's something about holding a letter in your hand and then ripping it open to find out what's inside) It's just that email is almost instant gratification. Then you have Blogs (who thought that up). You can just ramble on about nothing or share ideas and thoughts. You can share your creativity with the world or just keep in touch and update family on the goings on in your life. I love to look up friends and family's blogs to find out what they've been up to and see their wonderful pic's. I LOVE to sit and look at all the wonderful blogs out there in blog land that give such great decorating advice and cute ideas (Here's where it can get tricky though..... I can sit for hours looking and suddenly realize I've wasted half the day. OH WAIT! the whole day is gone. I've enjoyed myself but really accomplished nothing) Already today it's 9:15 am and all I've really accomplished was driving the kids to school which took all of 5 min. of that time because I've been sitting at the computer, looking, reading and emailing. See the problem. Bliss vs. Addiction (is that too harsh). Anyway on with my ramblings. Now you have facebook. I finally joined up after forever because a friend did it and so of course I had to too. And now we see how you can get sucked in. Brandon is forever groaning because his mom is checking her facebook and it's just so wrong. It should only be for the teenagers. But what fun to be able to connect with people you haven't seen since grade school. Even just the fun of seeing others thoughts of the moment. WHAT A GREAT THING TO KEEP US IN TOUCH WITH THE WORLD. We just have to remember to use it wisely.(like everything else in life!) HMMMM Maybe I should go do the breakfast dishes now. What do you think?

1 comments:

Trina said...

Wow-so very true! I love being able to just send quick emails but there is definetly something about getting a letter in the mail! By the way-we got your family newsletter yesterday and it was awesome! You did a great job! Our whole family enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading it! Thanks! I love that you're updating your blog! I have also been peeking at Jody's-hope that's ok! Have a great day!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North