CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Kitchen ReDo FINALLY

BEFORE

So the kitchen redo is almost complete. We just have the desk area, also known as the junk pile area, to resurface with the counter top. Jeff finally finished the trim work and now I just have to put another coat of paint on it and a quick rub with stain and voila it will be all done. I think it looks FABULOUS!  What a difference paint can make. I also love love love my new brown sink. It is so much deeper and it just looks wonderful. I will take you through the picture photos to see what we did.

AFTER
                                        
What a difference it makes when we lightened up the cabinet color
The whole room is so much lighter now. We put the bead board around 
the base of the island cabinet and I love the look of it.


Didn't you love the pink counter tops. I'm sorry mom I know when you 
picked it out you loved it but it just had it's time.


I love the counter tops now, and mom helped me pick them out!
I was leaning towards a lighter travertine looking laminate but I am happy that
I listened to her and went with the darker granite look. 


Don't ya just love open shelving?

                                        
Much better when the mess is hidden behind the doors. Notice that we painted
the microwave shelf brown to match the pantry cupboard.(well you'll see that in a minute.)

                                        
We got rid of the wallpaper that was still behind the stove and put 
up bead board. I was going to pain the cabinets here the dark brown to match the pantry.
When I took the drawer fronts and doors out to sand and paint I forgot about that and all the
drawer fronts got painted Cream even though I had already painted the cabinet frame brown.
Let me just say I was glad for the mistake because I really love it better now that it is all cream.

                                          
Nice light and BRIGHT!


                                                    
Big change to this area. We painted the pantry cupboard chocolate brown and
 added Moulding to the top to make it look like a piece of furniture. Yeh, I know I have 
a huge mess in the desk area.


                                            
I really like the way it turned out, especially the moulding around 
the top. 

                                    
I LOVE MY NEW SINK!
Nice and Deep and Brown

Now it couldn't have happened without a whole lot of help and encouragement.

                                       

Jody showed up at my house on May April 9th (was it that long ago)
 with Strep throat and her electric drill
to start taking off all my doors. Look she's even smiling through the pain. 
She said"Come on SISTER let's get this show on the road."

                                      

We even got Brandon helping by sanding .


                                      

Maddi and Kaitlin were awsome painters and fit in all the tight places.


                                     

And we couldn't have done it without the help of the plumbing unit, Jeff and Grandpa.
That ended up being more than we thought it would be and I was
without a kitchen sink for too many days than i care to remember.


                                         

It might have been a little much for some of us at times, but we all survived,
and it all turned out awsome.




1 comments:

Trina said...

Hi you! Love it! Love it! I really think your kitchen looks awesome and so bright and cheery! I really like the bead board behind the stove and around the cabinet. Very nice touch! The moulding on the pantry cupboard gives it such a great look! I am so glad that you got all the pictures of everyone helping you! :) Those were fun to look at! I am so glad that you got it done and I think it looks awesome!!! Miss you! Now sit back and enjoy all your hard work until you think of another project you are ready to get done!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North