CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Fun in Pismo

March started off beautifully. The weather was gorgeous and not windy. I guess you would say it definitely came in like a lamb this year. I also started off the month by getting to visit my best friend back in Madera. We had a great 4 days. We drove over to the coast and stayed in Pismo beach well actually Shell beach at a hotel on the beach. I was hoping for hot weather but it actually felt chillier there than in Canada, especially with the wind blowing off the ocean. We explored the pier and the shops and then we headed off down the coast to a little town called Solvang. It was founded by the Dutch and the buildings were remenicient of Denmark. There were even windmills. We visited authentic Danish bakeries and of course had to try the pastries, and the we went to a little smorgasborg and tried the ebleskivers. YUM! They are little round pancakes served with warm raspberry jam. If I hadn't already had the pastries I would have eaten a whole bunch of them.



We also went horseback riding on the beach. It was a lot of fun, very windy when we got right down on the beach. I couldn't get any pictures of us looking fabulous on our horses because my camera died just after I took a picture of the buildings. Some of the other rider in our group were from Las Vegas and took some shots they said they would email. We just had a great time going to eat, shopping and just visiting. Trina and I both have wonderful husbands who make it possible for us to get together each year and we love them a lot.

1 comments:

Trina said...

Thanks for coming! It was tons of fun with you!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North