CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Garage Sales

Garage Sales! Some smile in delight and can't wait to be up early pedaling their wares. Then there are those that eagerly jump out of bed at the crack of dawn to be the first to get the good deals. I am really neither of the two, but today found me up at the crack of dawn (really 6:45 on an already sunny morning) setting up for the big sale. The village of Stirling holds its now annual town garage sale day on the May long weekend. For you in the States thats a week before you. I believe they hold it then to celebrate my birthday each year as it is such a huge occasion (do you believe that?). I have sworn how many times now that I will never hold another garage sale but here I was again. The weather was beautiful (That is a plus). We had record crowds (I really don't know what the record is but we had lots.) Not quite enough to clear out all the junk (I mean treasures!) But it is hard to clear it out when your children are wandering up the street and returning with treasures of their own all in the guise of birthday presents for mom (a fondue pot from the 1800's, a set of 4 brandy glasses with the olympic torch on them, and a very cudly teddy bear) I love them all. Well, the sale is over and we made out not to0 bad for 5 hours of sitting in the sun getting a farmer tan. My car is loaded (literally) with the remaining treasures that will be dropped off at good will (or is that the dump?), and we still have most of the day to maybe accomplish something. Not bad for the beginning of our long weekend, and I am still saying that is the LAST GARAGE SALE I will ever have. (I'm sticking to it this time. REALLY!)

1 comments:

Trina said...

HI! It is so true-someone else"s junk is someone else's treasure! It makes me laugh when my kids go and bring home stuffed animals or etc. from a garage sale when that is exactly what I am trying to sell myself! I'll check with you next year to see if you held up to not doing another garage sale! :)
Love ya!

Kaitlin

Kaitlin

Maddi

Maddi

Cassin

Cassin
Nashville, Tennessee

Dustin

Dustin
New York, New York North